Friday, June 18, 2010

Laurelwood Public House and Brewery



I suppose that the name Laurelwood Public House and Brewery might give some people pause about entering these doors but let me put you at ease. These people are proud of the national awards they've received for their brewed adult beverages but they are equally eager to proclaim the quality of the ingredients that go into food which they prepare. They try to purchase their ingredients organic and locally if possible.



To begin with, I found it interesting to note that the parking lot was nearly full. In fact, I think we got the last space available. Once we got in the door it was apparent that the place was popular with young families. Many of the groups in the waiting area had very young children with them. Now the atmosphere was bustling and a bit noisy and people seemed to be enjoying their visit. The area where we ate had a number of monitors on and game 7 of the 2010 NBA finals was playing. Some people were viewing the game but it appeared to me that far more were engaged in conversations with friends over a meal.

The menu had an average number of selections with many that I'd have loved to try but alas, I only have so much stomach space and equally significant is the liquidity of my bank account.



Speaking of meals, I suppose it is time to let you know what we had and how we liked it. Now to be honest, I was dying to have the New York Steak but that is probably a little common so I reached outside the box and had the Mediterranean Sandwich. It really was good and it came with some deep fried onion rings which caused my tastebuds to sing with abandon.



Debbie chose not to go outside the box and had some really outstanding fish and chips which she really enjoyed but felt really guilty afterwards knowing that though they tasted good they were sooo not good for her. She promised that next time, and there probably will be a next time, she'll try to look for something a little less fatty.



Ok, here's the final score. For a casual and friendly atmosphere and really tasty food, I think we can place the Laurelwood in the winner column.

2 comments:

Bartlett Family said...

Bob,
Thanks for telling me about your new blog. You've probably got a lifetime of interesting places to check out up in your neighborhood as long as your belt line and wallet is agreeable to it. I'll stay tuned!

Dave

keebers said...

I have been enjoying looking at this new blog of yours!
Ericka Rowley